This architectural treasure, is a classic example of Georgian style, and holds particular historical interest for this area. It was erected in 1914 for Mr. Murray M. Baker who played a key role in the development of the 20th century Peoria. Mr. Murray Baker was credited for bringing the Caterpillar Tractor Company to Peoria, Illinois. Architects chosen for the structure were Hewitt, Emerson and Gregg of Peoria. The grounds were planned to beautifully complement the home. Behind the residence the design was reminiscent of a European formal garden, complete with walks, fountains and cascading pools. In 1967 the Dries family bought this gracious residence where Mrs. Eleanor Heinz Dries reared her family of five children.
Shoe coverings will be provided.
No pets except service animals, please.
1222 West Moss Avenue, Peoria, Illinois 61606, United States